[Mailman-Developers] [Mailman-checkins] SF.net SVN: mailman: [7858] trunk/mailman

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Apr 25 16:28:42 CEST 2006

    Brad> 	Personally, I think we should default to US-ASCII in
    Brad> the log files, but I can see where some people might want to
    Brad> select a different encoding in mm_cfg.py.

I really think the log files should be UTF-8.  The point is to make
them as ASCII as possible, but if you've got readable garbage that you
want to log, it should be readable.  People who lack the fonts or
whatever wouldn't be able to read it anyway; people who can will be
able to convert the UTF-8 to something they can use.

If the garbage doesn't seem to be readable (eg, naked 8-bit crap in
the headers) then it should be BASE64'd in the logs.