[Mailman-Developers] Unified Moderator Interface

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Apr 19 01:17:35 CEST 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 22:17 +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>     Kevin> Or a way for one moderator to view all pending messages by
>     Kevin> logging in once. Since it is not uncommon that one spammer
>     Kevin> crawls the site and sends the same message to every list,
>     Kevin> it can become a routine exercise of repetition to sign in
>     Kevin> 50+ times to discard the same message.
>
> In the FAQ there's a script called mmfold.py (by Skip Montanaro, IIRC)
> that massages one list's admin requests into a compact form; you
> should be able to wrap that to get several lists worth in one go.

Yes, we really should add this to the contrib directory.  Skip, if
you're listening, I'm sure you sent me a version long ago, but if you
can send me the latest and greatest copy, I'll add it to the svn repo.

> Also, I suspect if you search the mailman-users archives (maybe
> mailman-developers? I forget) you'll find a thread which
> discusses several ways to get all of your lists in one command, either
> as frames or tabs in you browser.  It was a few months ago.

I remember that too, so it was probably mailman-developers.

A more principled solution to the problem will probably have to wait
until a unified user database is implemented (MM3).

-Barry