[Mailman-Developers] XMLRPC interface

Rafal Krzewski Rafal.Krzewski at caltha.pl
Wed Apr 5 10:21:57 CEST 2006

Brad Knowles wrote:

> There is already a fair amount of information in the FAQ Wizard
> about integrating Mailman with web forums, and I think there may also be
> some information there about XMLRPC.

I did check the FAQs throughly, and all I was able to find was that:
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.026.htp

It gives some infomration about some products already integrated (to
some degree) but no information how should one go about integrating
Mailman with another product.

Also, no information about XMLRPC support in the FAQ - I might volunteer
to add it once the patch is merged in Mailman trunk.

 >     Before you get started doing too much work integrating Mailman into
 > your Java environment, have you read all those entries?

Most of work is already done. We have Python side ready (some
refactorings + extensions to J. Ginsberg & J. Tate work), and Java side
of the integration is also done. Now we are working on the discussion
board code. I expect this work to be complete next week - including
in-house testing.

>     I would suggest keeping these discussions on this list until you are
> recommended to move them somewhere else by one of the core developers
> (e.g., someone like Barry, Tokio, Mark, etc...).

Will do. Unfortunately my attempts to contact J. Ginsberg and J. Tate
failed completly so far, so I'm glad I have *someone* to talk about this
  at last ;-)

I'll post our updated XMLRPC patch to SF bugtracker shortly.

regards,
Rafał