[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 2.X CVS MAIN is back

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Sep 1 17:36:47 CEST 2005

    Brad> 	The problem is that a majority of the people who run
    Brad> python.org are also heavily involved in Debian, so we're
    Brad> pretty much guaranteed to be shackled by whatever the Debian
    Brad> people want to do.

Maybe so, but I see little hope that Debian is going to turn into the
Energizer Bunny any time soon.  They've been getting slower and slower
on everything (except putting out bilyuns and bilyuns of new -0.1
packages of _0.2 upstream releases) for years, and this summer they
couldn't even get security releases out the door in a timely fashion.

I really hope Mailman can avoid getting tied to Debian's release cycle.