[Mailman-Developers] A better way of doing templates?

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Thu Nov 24 02:44:19 CET 2005

Hi,

Barry Warsaw wrote:
> Jordi Mallach brings up a good point on the rosetta-users mailing list,
>
> Rosetta doesn't really work with non-po files, so the fact that we have
> templates that need translating will cause us some grief.  Well, even
> more grief than it has over the years. ;)
>
> Does anybody have any good ideas for handling this in the Mailman 2
> tree?

How about adding current templates into pot/po and pickup and generate
language templates during "make install."  I don't know if it could be
done at all but I will look at it this weekend.

As regards the whole translation process, I've already submitted a patch
 to select languages when configuring.  This should help separating the
translations from the main developement code base.
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1298355&group_id=103&atid=300103

http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/