[Mailman-Developers] MysqlMemberships.py [was: Informal "MEP"process, anyone? [was: PHP Wrappers?]]

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Nov 22 18:12:46 CET 2005

Fil wrote:

>Unfortunately this still doesn't succeed reconnecting to the server: I get
>this traceback:
>
>  File "/var/local/mailman/Mailman/MysqlMemberships.py", line 141, in _prodServerConnection
>    if self.connection.ping() == 0: OperationalError: (2006, 'MySQL server has gone away')

Apparently the ping() method is not the way to test if the connection
is still viable. I suppose you could wrap it in a try: and treat the
exception the same as a non-zero result, but I don't know if that's
appropriate.

I don't think I can be of further help on this one. Sorry.

You need someone who's familiar with the methods in the MySQLdb module.
Maybe Kev Green can help.