[Mailman-Developers] PHP Wrappers?

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Tue Nov 22 00:37:38 CET 2005

At 10:25 AM +0000 2005-11-21, Ian Eiloart wrote:

>  No, I'm not suggesting that Mailman prefer one mail client over
>  another. Simply that the ACLs for posting to the list are accessible
>  in some open format. That is, they should be stored in some accessible
>  database like an SQL or LDAP database, or even in flat files.

	Show me a single open data format that all MTAs understand.
Hell, there aren't many file formats that they all understand.

>  The ACLs themselves should be represented in some open format, like
>  regular expressions.

	Again, show me a single open format that all MTAs understand.

	Trust me, this issue is far more complex than you think it is.

>  OK, the MTA should ONLY accept email that it can deliver.

	Considering that there are anti-spam rules inside of Mailman
itself that can take on various actions, including rejection of the
e-mail, that's simply not physically possible.  At least, not without
gutting a considerable amount of existing functionality in Mailman.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755