[Mailman-Developers] PHP Wrappers?

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Sat Nov 19 07:35:15 CET 2005

At 12:57 PM +0000 2005-11-18, Ian Eiloart wrote:

>  I do mean that my MTA should work closer with Mailman, either by
>  sharing data, or by letting Mailman reject (not bounce) messages
>  somehow. "Integrating with" might be a better way of expressing it.

	How do you propose to do that?  Each MTA has their own way of
working.  Should we pick one MTA and tell everyone that they have to
use that one exclusively and we don't allow any other MTAs to be
used/supported?

	Please give me details on precisely what level and kind of
integration would be required.

>  Let's be clear. The *requirement* is that my MTA should never accept
>  an email that isn't going to prove undeliverable.

	I'm sorry.  That sentence just isn't parsing right now.  It seems
like a double or maybe triple negative or something.  Can you try
re-wording that?

>  No, I just need to be able to access the rules from some other
>  system. That means that the rules need to be stored in a manner
>  that's accessible to my MTA. SQL, LDAP, flat files, I don't really
>  care, but they do need to be accessible. They also need to be
>  represented in a manner that's easy to understand. For example, a
>  list of regular expressions. Exim can easily manage that.

	Okay, do everything in your MTA.  Problem solved.  We don't need
any Mailman integration for that.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755