[Mailman-Developers] PHP Wrappers?

Ian Eiloart iane at sussex.ac.uk
Thu Nov 17 12:00:10 CET 2005

On 17 Nov 2005, at 10:49, Ian Eiloart wrote:

> On 16 Nov 2005, at 21:30, Kevin McCann wrote:
>
>> MLM
>> developers do not buy into the concept of making the three main data
>> stores available in SQL (those being list config, member and message
>> archives)
>
> Add to that Sender privacy rules, so that the Mail Transport Agent
> can do SMTP time rejections. Bouncing  messages isn't really
> acceptable these days, since sender addresses are so frequently
> forged.

Er, sorry, I didn't mean here to support the "MLM developers do not
buy into" part of the above. I think that what's planned for MM3 IS
to support SQL access for those things. SQL provision should be
enough that portal projects can then build list modules around
Mailman. Actually, they already could - at a push.

Seems to me the big misunderstanding in this debate lies around the
differences between Mailman 2 and Mailman 3. As far as I can see,
they are big differences - of the sort that Kevin is looking for.
Unfortunately, they're not highly visible - probably due to the fact
that they're at the early stages of development.

Perhaps someone should point Kevin at the Mailman 3 codebase, so he
can develop views from there.

--
Ian Eiloart
Postmaster,

Warning: The Surgeon General Has Determined That Windows Can Be
Dangerous To Your Health
<http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4405042.stm>