[Mailman-Developers] Min requirements for running Mailman?

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Mon May 30 23:22:46 CEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 16:07 -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-09-09 at 10:48, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

One of us is in a timewarp here....

> > Am I right in thinking that 2.1.5 does not have backward compatibility
> > with 2.0.x versions, so it is not possible to directly upgrade a 2.0.x
> > to 2.1.x?
>
> It should be possible, but it's not something I've tested in a very long
> tim.e
>
> > I was certainly unable to take lists to 2.1.5 when I tried recently on
> > full system upgrade - I ended up recreating the lists with significant
> > pain involved.
>
> Can you provide details?  I consider it a bug that lists cannot be
> upgrade from 2.0.13 to 2.1.6.  You might need to upgrade from 2.0.x
> where x < 13, to 2.0.13 first though.

This is 9 months ago... so my memory is not as good as it should be.
However if I remember rightly it was down to features that were added
during the 2.1.x series with a related change in database format.

You can do 2.0.13 -> 2.1.x where x <= 3 (from memory), but not direct to
2.1.5

[This is probably worth looking at because I see a significant number of
sites still on 2.0.x unfortunately].

	Nigel.