[Mailman-Developers] Patch for Mail Archive mirroring

Jeff Breidenbach jeff at jab.org
Sat May 14 23:52:36 CEST 2005

Dallas> As a webhosting company we would without a doubt find a lot of
Dallas> value in any per-list control.  We already get quite a lot of
Dallas> requests for this or that customization that's not possible on
Dallas> a per list basis now.  This particular feature would be great
Dallas> as many of our users are not happy with pipermail and it'd be
Dallas> nice to point them to a way to easily enable some other
Dallas> archiving solution.

Dallas, would you consider applying the existing Sourceforge patch to
your mailman installation? It is helpful to get feedback from real
live users.

John> And change the naming.  "Outside"?  I can hear it now:
John> "I ain't archiv'n my list with a bunch of furriners".  :-)

How about "third party archiving" ?

Brad> Unless, that is, you gateway to USENET news, in which case Google and
Brad> others have news archives that you could not control and could
Brad> not even be aware of in most cases.

Google Groups honors "X-No-Archive: Yes"

http://groups.google.com/googlegroups/posting_faq.html#prevent