mailman-2.1.5-gpg_2005-02-22-ssls_2005-03-22.patch.gz available (was: Re: [Mailman-Developers] PGP and Mailman)

Joost van Baal j.e.vanbaal at uvt.nl
Tue Mar 22 17:38:29 CET 2005

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 06:40:22PM +0100, Joost van Baal wrote:

> I will write and publish a patch which integrates PGP signature
> validation and re-encryption of encrypted posts to mailman.  Specs are:
>
> - A post will be distributed only if the PGP signature on the post is from
>   one of the list members.
> - For sending encrypted email, a list member encrypts to the public key of
>   the list.  The post will be decrypted and re-encrypted to the public keys
>   of all list members.
>
> (Later, the patch will handle RFC 2633 (S/MIME) messages too, next to
> RFC 2440 (OpenPGP)).
<snip>
> So, the plan:
<snip>
> Any insight to share on this?

Thanks a lot for all feedback.

Thanks to Stefan Schlott's fine work he has done earlier, the first
test-able version is available now, from
http://www.non-gnu.uvt.nl/pub/mailman/ .  For those of you running
Debian GNU/Linux, packages are available too (both pre-build and source
packages).  The patch is still a bit rough on the edges, but could be
interesting for developers.

Comments on the code are welcome (but you guessed that :)

The patch is submitted to the patch tracker too: it's Mailman patch
#1167696 .

Bye,

Joost

--