[Mailman-Developers] EOL handling in Mailman

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Sun Mar 20 14:21:14 CET 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-20 at 02:43, Sylvain Beucler wrote:

> As a result, I was under the impression that Mailman is the one that
> doubles the newlines. Now maybe Exim as an SMTP server (not as a
> sendmail-compatible command) is doubling lines. But are you completely
> sure Mailman (or a Python library used by Mailman) is not converting
> \r\n to \n\n?

I could be wrong of course, but I can't think of anything in either
Python or Mailman that would do that conversion.  Another simple
experiment is to write a little Python mail program that just parses
stdin, then writes the flattened text out to a file.  See if that has
the newline problem.

You're basically going to have to work your way up your tool chain to
see where the transformation is happening.

-Barry