[Mailman-Developers] Mailman Usability

Fil fil at rezo.net
Fri Mar 4 11:50:16 CET 2005

> Same here.  I am considering writing a wrapper in front of the admin
> pages, with _lots_ of buttons removed.  (Don't hold your breath for
> that, though.)  Perhaps a newbie/expert toggle on the interface would be
> helpful.  Lots of listadmins at the site here are overwhelmed by the
> sheer _amount_ of buttons.

Most people don't care about options. On my site I have tried to streamline
the registration process: there is a popup window where you can type in your
email, and sub/unsub (whether you are or not already subscribed).

See for instance http://listes.rezo.net/popup/ (click on the first link).

But the second most important place for usability is the welcome message,
which is loaded with options and jargon. I have replaced it with (in French):

 %(welcome)s
 Votre adresse est inscrite sur la liste %(real_name)s@%(host_name)s

 Merci.