[Mailman-Developers] version mismatch?

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Sun Jul 24 22:26:08 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 10:32, Ian Eiloart wrote:

> OK. I'm having a go at this. I'm not sure how that's supposed to work,
> though.
>
> I've built Mailman 2.1.6 with Python 2.4.1, and it didn't work when
> installed with Python 2.4.1, and run along side Python 2.4.1

What happens?  Please provide more details about what "didn't work"!

> I've built Mailman 2.1.6 with Python 2.2.3, and it works fine. Doesn't
> matter whether I have Python 2.2.3 or 2.4.1.
>
> I'm trying again - but why would config.status do anything?

config.status rebuilds the Makefiles and other .in files based on your
original ./configure invocation.  You can always just re-run configure
with your original options for a similar effect.

> Well, blimey. Everything seems hunky-dory now. Thanks, Barry!

I'm not sure what I did, but yay! :)  Getting it working is probably
more imporatnt that whether you're using Python 2.3 or 2.4. :)

-Barry