[Mailman-Developers] Mailman PGP patch updated to 2.1.6

Joost van Baal j.e.vanbaal at uvt.nl
Fri Jul 22 15:55:19 CEST 2005

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 05:38:29PM +0100, Joost van Baal wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 06:40:22PM +0100, Joost van Baal wrote:
> >
> > I will write and publish a patch which integrates PGP signature
> > validation and re-encryption of encrypted posts to mailman.  Specs are:
> >
> > - A post will be distributed only if the PGP signature on the post is from
> >   one of the list members.
> > - For sending encrypted email, a list member encrypts to the public key of
> >   the list.  The post will be decrypted and re-encrypted to the public keys
> >   of all list members.
> >
> > (Later, the patch will handle RFC 2633 (S/MIME) messages too, next to
> > RFC 2440 (OpenPGP)).

This patch has been updated to apply to Mailman 2.1.6.  It's available
from
http://non-gnu.uvt.nl/pub/mailman/mailman-2.1.6-ssls_gpg_2005-07-01.patch.gz
.  It includes prior work from Stefan Schlott.  I am running
mailman-ssls_2.1.6-0.1_i386.deb now, it is usable.  (Although I wouldn't
yet recommend to deploy it in production environments!)

The S/MIME functionality is scheduled to be implemented at 2005-10-15.

Comments on the code are still very welcome (but you guessed that :)

More information is available from http://non-gnu.uvt.nl/pub/mailman/ .

Bye,

Joost

--