[Mailman-Developers] version mismatch?

Ian Eiloart iane at sussex.ac.uk
Thu Jul 21 16:32:14 CEST 2005

--On 20 July 2005 14:57:26 -0400 Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 12:16, Ian Eiloart wrote:
>
>> Am I right in thinking this means that I need to downgrade my python
>> version to make this work?
>
> No, but apparently does mean that you'll have to rebuild the codec
> extensions that come with Mailman.  I /think/ if you run Mailman's
> config.status and then run make install again (against Python 2.4.1 of
> course) you should be golden.
>
> Let us know if that works and I'll update the release notes.
>
> -Barry

OK. I'm having a go at this. I'm not sure how that's supposed to work,
though.

I've built Mailman 2.1.6 with Python 2.4.1, and it didn't work when
installed with Python 2.4.1, and run along side Python 2.4.1

I've built Mailman 2.1.6 with Python 2.2.3, and it works fine. Doesn't
matter whether I have Python 2.2.3 or 2.4.1.

I'm trying again - but why would config.status do anything?

Well, blimey. Everything seems hunky-dory now. Thanks, Barry!

--
Ian Eiloart
Servers Team