[Mailman-Developers] version mismatch?

Ian Eiloart iane at sussex.ac.uk
Wed Jul 20 18:16:49 CEST 2005

Hi,

Yesterday, I upgraded python on solaris 8 to version 2.4.1 in preparation
to upgrade Mailman - as that's the currently recommended version.

Today I upgraded Mailman to version 2.1.6, and the web pages said they'd
hit a bug. I checked the error log and found these entries (I've altered
the whitespace for legibility):

Jul 20 15:11:54 2005

admin(25535):
/usr/local/mailman/pythonlib/japanese/c/euc_jp.py:3: RuntimeWarning:
    Python C API version mismatch for module _japanese_codecs:
    This Python has API version 1012,
    module _japanese_codecs has version 1011.
  import codecs, japanese.c._japanese_codecs

admin(25535):
/usr/local/mailman/pythonlib/korean/c/euc_kr.py:24: RuntimeWarning:
    Python C API version mismatch for module _koco:
    This Python has API version 1012, module _koco has version 1011.
  import _koco

Am I right in thinking this means that I need to downgrade my python
version to make this work? Well, that seems to be working. Did I miss
something that would make 2.1.6 work with python 2.4.1? If not, then this
page needs fixing:

<http://www.list.org/requirements.html>

--
Ian Eiloart