[Mailman-Developers] [Fwd: Mailman tutorial]

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Jan 27 19:59:41 CET 2005

At 1:10 PM -0500 2005-01-27, Barry Warsaw wrote:

>  Jack Jansen sent the following message to me, but I will not be able to
>  attend.  I still think it would be a great idea though, and Jack said it
>  would be okay to forward this message to this mailing list to see if
>  anybody else would be willing to sign up for giving a Mailman tutorial
>  at this conference.

	Note that I have submitted an invited talk proposal for this
conference, and while I haven't heard the official word yet, I have
gotten some initial feedback that they are positively inclined
towards accepting.

	Under normal circumstances, I would be fine with also doing a
tutorial on a related package (such as Mailman), but I'm also in the
process of writing a book, I think I'm about to accept a propsal from
Rob Kolstad to start writing a column for _;login:_ magazine (the
official publication of the USENIX Association), and my wife and I
are preparing to move back to the US this year.  Given the short
fuse, I don't think I could do it this time.

	Now, if someone else has already developed Mailman tutorial
material, I'd be happy to be the one to present that.

	I got contacted back in December about doing an invited talk
proposal for this conference.  While I did give them a number of
other names of people that I thought might be interested/willing/able
to give an invited talk at this conference, I didn't think about
anyone related to Mailman.

	For that, I am deeply sorry.  I should have thought of you folks
and given you much more warning.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755