[Mailman-Developers] What would send to bare administrator

John W. Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Sat Jan 22 05:58:40 CET 2005

On 1/21/2005 14:06, "Mark Sapiro" <msapiro at value.net> wrote:

> John W. Baxter wrote:
>>
>> A quick grep in the source didn't reveal a case where Mailman attempts to
>> send mail to the unqualified recipient <administrator>.  Does anyone happen
>> to know where it is?
>
> I don't know, but is it possible that 'owner' or 'moderator' for some
> list - maybe the site (mailman) list - is set to 'administrator'?

The smtp-failure entry matches a post log entry (with 1 failure) exactly in
time.  The mailing list to which a message was posted does not now contain
the word administrator in the results of

bin/dumpdb lists/rose-movies/config.pck | grep -3 administrator

Same is true for .../config.pck.last, which is not at all surprising (the
list is large enough to have frequent changes).  I'll ask the list
administrator (long-time friend) whether she remembers putting
"administrator" into the list as member or as a list "official."

The list is a weekly announce-only list (soon to be monthly).

This week's instance of the failure does not repeat prior failures (the two
most recent prior failures were in a different list, back in November and
had an obvious cause).

I'll watch the results of next week's posting.

  --John