[Mailman-Developers] Fwd: Volunteer sought to code Mailman/Plesk integration script for use by African organizations

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Tue Jan 18 09:42:44 CET 2005

At 2:22 PM -0500 2005-01-15, Tobias Eigen wrote:

>                               As it is directly relevant to Mailman, I
>  hope you don't mind that I also share it with you all directly.

	I have no problem with this.  IMO, we should have a place where
requests of this sort would properly belong, even though they aren't
paying jobs.  But that's just my personal opinion.

>                                                                   I am
>  quite keen on solving this problem as soon as possible. Please let me
>  know if you're interested and I'll give you the gory details. Any
>  useful scripts or lessons learned shared back to the community, of course.

	It's funny.  A totally different question regarding integration
between Mailman and Plesk finally lead me to create FAQ 6.15 at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq06.015.htp>.

	Only now that I happen to be looking through my Python-related
e-mail for other things, do I come back to this and realize that
you're talking about the same sort of thing -- only you're talking
about fixing the problem that we cannot (today) fix ourselves.

	Of course, when you're talking about simulating the functionality
of Yahoo!Groups, there's also FAQ 1.26 at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.026.htp>.

	Speaking only for myself, I would very much like to see us get to
a situation where we can eliminate these two FAQ entries, and
basically "just make it work".  I think this would be a huge benefit
to the entire Mailman community.

	I can't help you with the Python coding, and I don't know squat
about Plesk, but if you need help with Mailman administration, please
let me know.

	I'm willing to step up and do what I can to help towards this
goal, and I hope that other people on this list are willing and able
to do the same.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755