making Mailman CAN-SPAM compliant (was Re:[Mailman-Developers]Hashing member passwords in config.pck)

Adrian Bye adrian at tasdevil.com
Thu Feb 17 19:22:55 CET 2005

> We need to put a freeze on new features for 2.1.6.  In fact,
> I think we should freeze all checkins except show-stopping
> bug fixes.  I'd like to take between now and the end of
> February for testing.

And, I just talked with my developer, and he got quite upset about the idea of
fixing his code to conform to your coding style.  So I guess that won't be
possible for now.  I certainly understand why you have coding guidelines, I
agree they are important.  I would have happily paid my developer to bring his
code in line with your standards.

I'm disappointed; we put quite a lot of work in to get this working right, and
the work we've done fits very smoothly into the our mailman installation (from
an administrator perspective).

I've updated the wiki page here:
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.039.htp

Hopefully someone in the future can see what we've done and implement this
properly for everyone to use.

Adrian