making Mailman CAN-SPAM compliant (was Re:[Mailman-Developers] Hashing member passwords in config.pck)

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Feb 17 18:15:44 CET 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-17 at 09:33, Tokio Kikuchi wrote:

> I looked through your code and my feeling is not integrating this patch
> in 2.1.6.

We need to put a freeze on new features for 2.1.6.  In fact, I think we
should freeze all checkins except show-stopping bug fixes.  I'd like to
take between now and the end of February for testing.

I'll spin a beta4 today and upload it to SF.  In the future, Tokio will
also be able to do SF file releases (although unfortunately, he won't be
able to update the web sites).  I plan on installing the current 2.1.6
on my various sites and I hope others can do the same thing to help test
2.1.6 in order to get an end-of-February release.

-Barry