[Mailman-Developers] Compatibility with Opera

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Feb 11 21:13:01 CET 2005

At 6:05 PM +0200 2005-02-11, <correia.rui at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Opera, the last block just above the 'subscribe' button gets spread out in
>  one long string.
>
>  The result is that one can't see the 'subscribe' button.
>
>  Is this a Opera-only problem, or would this be happening with other browsers
>  too?

	Using MacOS X 10.3.6, I see the same thing in Safari 1.2.4 (based
on KHTML), Opera 7.51, and OmniWeb 5.0.  Camino 0.8.2 (a Gecko-based
browser from the Mozilla family, with a native Aqua user interface)
and iCab 2.9.8 both seem to display the page with line-wrapping,
which is presumably what you had intended.

	I'm not sure what to tell you about this particular problem.  I
will tell you that it is common practice for people who are doing web
page design to use a wide variety of browsers on a large number of
platforms, to check and make sure that what they're doing comes out
looking at least reasonable, if not exactly what they were trying for.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755