[Mailman-Developers] Hashing member passwords in config.pck

Rui Correia correia.rui at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 20:18:36 CET 2005

To make Joel's words mine. Even, where the password is set by the server,
there are only so many passwords a person can remember - and invariably if
one signs up to multiple forums/ lists/ one tends to repeat the password. So
having the password mailed back is an unnecessary exposure. All that is
waiting to happen is for someone to develop code to sit waiting for the
monthly list reminders from Mailman and others, capture the login details
and access mailboxes.

Rui

Rui Correia
Advocacy, Media and Language Consultant