[Mailman-Developers] Hacking pipermail...

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Feb 6 03:45:09 CET 2005

Brad Knowles wrote:

>	But what do you do afterwards?  Do you re-stitch the mbox files
>together so that you can re-create the archives in the future if
>there is a catastrophic failure, or do you leave the mbox files
>permanently separated?  If you do leave them permanently separated,
>where do you leave them and how do you make sure that the right thing
>happens to the right ones, as new messages are processed?

What I did with several lists for which I imported archives from prior
versions of the list is this. The current mbox for the Mailman list is
<list>.mbox/<list>.mbox. In addition there are older, imported
archives in files in the same <list>.mbox/ directory named
there are instructions in a Wiki detailing the archive rebuilding
process and processing order.

With any luck, whoever has to rebuild the archive will refer to the
Wiki.