[Mailman-Developers] Patch 1107169: Re-use member_moderation_notice for generic_nonmember_action

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Sat Feb 5 14:22:52 CET 2005

Hi,

Brad Knowles wrote:

> Folks,
>
>     I asked a couple of questions about this a while back, and got a bit
> of help that allowed me to develop a patch, which I've now had on
> SourceForge for a while (see
> <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1107169&group_id=103&atid=300103>).
>

>     However, I haven't heard any further commentary on this.  I'm not a
> programmer in any language, especially Python, but I hope that I've been
> able to at least hack something together without causing too much
> collateral damage.  Feedback would be appreciated.

I was thinking that it would be better to have another text box to input
say 'nonmember_rejection_notice' in the admin/privacy/sender page so the
list owner can differentiate members and nonmembers. And I, having
troubled by my students' theses, thought it would also better not to
integrate your patch now but leave it open for use who need this.

>     Tokio -- can I get you to take a look at this and consider it for
> inclusion in your next beta roll-up for 2.1.6?  This would solve some
> problems for us on the mailman-users and mailman-developers mailing
> lists, and without at least some commentary from you or Barry, I'm
> hesitant to just go ahead and apply this to the mailing list server for
> python.org.

But, you need this for python.org mailing list! Python.org should use
non-patched version of mailman.... I think I can find a time to add a
text box and new attribute now. (May be in a day or two)

http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/