[Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-Users] respond_to_post_requests and header_filter_rules

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Tue Feb 1 12:39:47 CET 2005

Hi again,

Ivan Fetch wrote:

> Hello,
>
>    Thank you for your reply -- I'm using Mailman 2.1.5 (sorry for not
> mentioning this previously).  We'd rather be able to configure the
> filters to hold (not discard) spam, at least for those lists where the
> list administrators prefer to double check what is being tagged as spam.

You can create two or more new header_filter_rules. I suggest you create
one for hold and another for discard. You can add a test regex into the
first box and when you learn that it works right then move it to the
second one to discard the spam silently.

>    Is the help text of respond_to_post_requests inaccurate in how it
> claims that notifying posters of held messages excludes spam filtering?

Historically, it was right statement once upon a time in 2.0.x era.

http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/