[Mailman-Developers] Mailman / One-Click Unsubscribe

André as at avalonmail.de
Fri Dec 23 11:38:10 CET 2005

Hi,

thanks for the comments/tips upon a solution for a "One-Click Unsubscribe".

For anyone interested, here is a short summary of what we did:

* we decided to implement our own frontends to mailman, as we feel
everything about mailman is great - everything but the frontends :-)

* we integrated the MySQL MemberAdaptor from
http://www.orenet.co.uk/opensource/MailmanMysql/

* we wrote frontends in php as an extension to the open source cms "papaya
CMS" (www.papaya-cms.com - note: the page is only available in german until
spring '06)

* papaya now has a complete double-opt-in / opt-out system to manage
subscriptions und unsubscriptions and keeps track of all relevant dates,
due to requirements of the german laws

* papaya syncs this database with the mailman maysql-database

* and everything is fine ;-)

Again, thanks for any comments upon our problem - and thanks to the
developers for mailman and the MySQL MemberAdaptor...

Best regards!

André