[Mailman-Developers] Use of tabs when folding header lines -- increasing subject length as a test

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Dec 2 23:43:13 CET 2005

At 2:22 AM -0800 2005-12-02, Nathan Herring wrote:

>>  You should at least try to check the code to make sure where the
>>  fault lies.
>
>  Aye, there's the rub. If I were permitted, I'd have done it already. :/

	The code for Mailman is publicly available for download (see
<http://www.list.org/download.html>), and the code for Python is
available (see <http://www.python.org/download/>).  Most of the
people on this list should be capable of checking the code for
themselves.

	I looked through the various routines in Mailman, and found a
case in CookHeaders.py where the white space character is set to tab,
but I don't know enough about the internal implementations of the
other routines or the class, so I can't be sure how that would affect
this particular situation.

>  I've increased the subject length of this mail, and removed the
>  "[Mailman-developers]" attribution, so we can see firsthand whether or not
>  this list, which purports to be running 2.1.6, and I presume is running a
>  suitable version of Python, has the same issue.

	We are definitely running Mailman 2.1.6, with Python version 2.3.4.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755