[Mailman-Developers] in-reply-to problem

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Wed Sep 29 13:06:55 CEST 2004

At 11:01 AM +0530 2004-09-29, Karthikeyan wrote:

>  but i need to give a solution in the mailman, as the other party would
>  not want o fine tune theie lotus notes.

	It is not physically possible to solve this problem from within
Mailman.  If the client doesn't put that header in to begin with,
there is no amount of artificial intelligence you could add to the
program that could determine with 100% certainty as to precisely
which message is actually being replied to and which other messages
are being referenced.

>  like which .py calls sends the mail and which therads it. I am trying
>  to analyse whether i can add one header myself. but dunno where to try
>  coz the .py are vast

	You could spend a trillion dollars on this problem and not find a
solution.  The entire computer industry has been working on AI since
the early 1960s, and they haven't solve it yet, and don't appear to
be much closer today than they were back then.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755