[Mailman-Developers] 8bit and NNTP gateway

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Tue Sep 21 05:24:01 CEST 2004

Are there any extant tools to detect 8bit mail (identified by a
affected MIME parts (or base message if no MIME) to quoted-printable?

I'm running an NNTP gateway to CNEWS and am running into problems with
8bit mail being rejected by the NNTP gateway after being accepted and
otherwise broadcast by Mailman.  I can write a script to do the needed
transformations, but handling the general MIME case is a bit messy and
something I'd like to avoid.  Has anybody resolved this area?  I note
that Mailman itself doesn't seem to touch it.xc

--
J C Lawrence