[Mailman-Developers] on the subject of fix_url, list creation with @ is non-intuitive..

Joe Rhett jrhett at meer.net
Sat Oct 30 01:17:18 CEST 2004

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 06:17:04PM -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 18:09, Joe Rhett wrote:
>
> > And second, let's think about this:
>
> Sorry, I'm out of time to discuss this thread, so I'll just leave it at
> this: I've already given my vote on doing this in a backward compatible
> way.  What's left is to generate a patch that satisfies my earlier
> requirements, and then sweet talk Tokio into commit it. :)

That's fine.  Since we're sticking with the obscure, unintuitive syntax
(to maintain backwards compatibility for an option that not a single person
on the list said that they used and most didn't even understand)
could I persuade you to update the documentation to state clearly that
listname at domain.name is not an e-mail address, but a shortcut syntax to set
the admin url to be http://domain.name/admin/listname?

It's still godawful, and near useless.

--