[Mailman-Developers] on the subject of fix_url, list creation with @ is non-intuitive..

Joe Rhett jrhett at meer.net
Sat Oct 30 00:13:42 CEST 2004

Already did it, as stated in my other post.  If you are hacking around on
your friend's websites it might be "a few lines", but a production script
that must either succeed or tell you why not in useful terms takes hundreds
of lines.

But then I doubt that people who can't think beyond their personal system
hosting their friends websites really grasp the goals I am trying to meet
anyway.

And no, you can't code it in Python without wrapping the python script
execution in a language that handles exceptions in a useful manner.  I'm
not a language bigot (kindof hard these days, I work in 5 different
languages daily) but if a language doesn't have the ability to do something
then you must write wrappers around it.

--
Joe Rhett
Senior Geek