[Mailman-Developers] Multi-slice qrunners to be fixed for 2.1.6? (Re: SF Patch 1008983)

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Fri Oct 22 01:37:52 CEST 2004

Brian Greenberg wrote:

> Just wondering if this patch
> (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1008983&group_id=103&atid=300103)
> has been noticed.

Yes, I know it is there.

> It should have a fairly high priority, as it will
> result in any qrunner class with multiple slices failing completely in
> a short amount of time (hours to a few days, depending on the amount
> of traffic and number of slices).

I really don't understand why the multiple feature is needed for mail
delivery as multi-threading may be handled by MTA. It was left there
because I am not in a position to test or qualify your patch
immediately. If there is anyone who can backup this patch, I will be
ready to merge in CVS.

> The fix is trivial, merely clarifying an if statement, so it should
> have minimal impact on other areas.

I would like to ask patience here again as there were many FAQ related
bug fixes in the past month. I always browse through patch/bug trackers
whenever I have time.

http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/