[Mailman-Developers] Can we remove nimda.txt ?

John W. Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Tue Oct 19 01:55:56 CEST 2004

On 10/16/2004 14:13, "David Relson" <relson at osagesoftware.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 08:52:15 -0700
> John W. Baxter wrote:
>
> ...[snip]...
>
>> You might want to refer folks who want to run test "virus" messages
>> through their Mailman system ("system" = the MTA and its filtering and
>> Mailman and whatever else is involved at a given site) to
>>    http://www.eicar.org
>> (note...eicar.com is very different).
>
> They are??? www.eicar.org and www.eicar.com look identical (and have the
> same IP address).

Oops...they are the same.

This was Safari helpfully completing a URL it had seen before within
eicar.org, and not completing it--not having see it--in eicar.com.

The proper reference would probably be the more complete

eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm
or
eicar.com/anti_virus_test_file.htm

Thanks for objecting!  ;-)