[Mailman-Developers] SCRUBBER Question

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Oct 4 07:52:32 CEST 2004

    Tokio> I think I should commit one of my unpublishd patch on
    Tokio> SourceForge CVS.

[...]

    Tokio> With this patch, site manager can set
    Tokio> SCRUBBER_USE_ATTACHMENT_FILENAME_EXTENSION = True in
    Tokio> mm_cfg.py to use attachment filename extension as is
    Tokio> specified by the original attachment.

Arrgh.  A couple of my lists share a host with people who would
probably like to have that option = True, but I definitely want False.
Can this be made to be a "site manager permits, list manager enables"
double opt-in option, pretty please?

BTW, don't serious webservers support some kind of ./.htmime.types
facility?  If so, then the archiver could inform the webserver of the
MIME type it observed for the file, and pretty much wash its hands of
the issue.  (You'd still like to tell the webserver that the file came
from a poorly authenticated source, but I think for directories
containing list archives you can normally just assume that. ;-)