[Mailman-Developers] Dates again

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Nov 25 00:36:08 CET 2004

At 7:09 PM +0000 2004-11-24, Ian Eiloart wrote:

>  I think that development focus should be on displaying threads properly,
>  not on "fixing" dates that the system can't possibly know are right or
>  wrong.

	There is already a "thread sort" mode within the archiving
system.  There is also a "date sort" mode.  If we're going to have a
given mode, it makes sense that we'd want to be able to display that
mode "correctly".

	My issue has more to do with doing that as a display-only matter
as opposed to "correcting" the messages on input and before they are
sent back out to the list recipients, as well as being recorded in
the archives.  Where we do the "correction" is as important as the
correction itself.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755