[Mailman-Developers] Dates again

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Wed Nov 24 21:25:42 CET 2004

On Nov 24, 2004, at 2:09 PM, Ian Eiloart wrote:
> Hmm, I think that this whole conversation is not seeing the wood for
> the trees. Why would anyone want to sort a list by date? The date of a
> posting isn't really relevant except:
[snip several good reasons]

3. Helping users sort the email in their inboxes.  This can be
important to some people, since I know when we had one user posting
from 1980, many other list members weren't noticing her posts because
their mail clients put those messages where the date: header said they
should be.

That said, I think this is something that is better handled by mail
clients and the original senders, not Mailman.   But in the past, I've
been asked for this feature for this reason, so I imagine other people
want it for similar reasons.

  Terri