[Mailman-Developers] Dates again

Jim Tittsler jwt at OnJapan.net
Sat Nov 20 10:04:31 CET 2004

On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 03:31:38AM -0500, Steven Kuck wrote:
> Suddenly, my new archives are coherent.  I don't have to worry about

To keep your archives coherent, you can just set:
ARCHIVER_CLOBBER_DATE_POLICY = 1
in your mm_cfg.py.

> my time and there is a simple option I can set!  Tell me that I don't
> have to port this code when I want to upgrade!

Rather than patching CookHeaders, you might consider making
your own handler that only mungs the date, and then add that
handler to the global pipeline in your mm_cfg.  Then a new
version of CookHeaders.py is not a problem.

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/