[Mailman-Developers] Question for clarification about bounce management

Somuchfun somuchfun at atlantismail.com
Sat May 22 00:03:25 EDT 2004

Can one of the mailman pros on the list enlighten me about how the bounce
management works in the background?
Let's say the list is set to suspend a member after 3 bounces and then
delete him after 3 more attempts, each 7 days apart. So lets say one member
has had 3 bounces and is suspended. Now suddenly I change the list settings
so it requires 5 bounces before a member is suspended. Will the list notice
this during the next time it sends out emails? How does the list check the
current settings of the list versus the individual status? Is there a
cleanup process for members who are dormant because of changes in the list
settings?

Thanks for all the input on this!