[Mailman-Developers] RELEASED Mailman 2.1.5

Ricardo ricardo at rixhq.nu
Mon May 17 13:55:12 EDT 2004

Barry Warsaw wrote:

> NOTE: You will want to read the UPGRADING file for important information
> regarding upgrading from earlier version to Mailman 2.1.5.  A number of
> internal file formats have changed so you must shut down web and mail
> access to Mailman before you upgrade.  You will also want to re-run
> configure (i.e. config.status) before you run "make install".

First of all, thanks for releasing another update for Mailman!

But I upgraded mailman over the weekend (from 2.1.4 to 2.1.5) and only
today I noticed that moderated messages generates errors... I think it
has something to do with my version of python (2.1 from Debian Stable)
not having True/False booleans by default. The weird thing is that it
does seem to work correctly in other scripts, but ListAdmin.py generates
an error:

May 17 19:44:25 2004 (27717) Uncaught runner exception: global name
'True' is not defined
May 17 19:44:25 2004 (27717) Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 111, in _oneloop
     self._onefile(msg, msgdata)
   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 167, in _onefile
     keepqueued = self._dispose(mlist, msg, msgdata)
   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/IncomingRunner.py", line 130,
in _dispose
     more = self._dopipeline(mlist, msg, msgdata, pipeline)
   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/IncomingRunner.py", line 153,
in _dopipeline
     sys.modules[modname].process(mlist, msg, msgdata)
   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Moderate.py", line 67, in
process
     ModeratedMemberPost)
   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Hold.py", line 214, in
hold_for_approval
     id = mlist.HoldMessage(msg, reason, msgdata)
   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/ListAdmin.py", line 180, in HoldMessage
     id = self.__nextid()
   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/ListAdmin.py", line 113, in __nextid
     while True:
NameError: global name 'True' is not defined

I tried adding the True/False defines on top of ListAdmin.py like I saw
in some other mailman scripts, but that doesn't seem to work... any idea
what is going on?

TIA...

Ricardo.