[Mailman-Developers] Where to start Implement this?

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Sun May 9 13:52:46 EDT 2004

At 7:10 PM +0200 2004/05/09, Martin Häcker wrote:

>  I'm a bit confused by the vocabulary used by Jim Tittsler. What he
>  said sounded like not every mail (to a user) is processed on its own
>  but instead many of them are built and send as one mail?

	That's correct.  That's how mailing lists usually work.  They
take one input message, potentially add things like headers and
footers, then send that back out to the list recipients -- tens, or
hundreds, or thousands of addresses.

	They typically group as many recipients together as they can, so
that they send one copy of the message, addressed to multiple users.