[Mailman-Developers] Maybe you guys can help me

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.InTechnology.co.uk
Tue May 4 05:06:51 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 03:13, Paul Tomblin wrote:
> I tried asking this on mailman-users, and got totally ignored both times I
> asked.  Here is my problem:  One of my mailing list users has an ISP that
> refuses email for hours at a time, and the ISP that they get their email
> through, panix.com, sends a warning if it's undelivered for four hours.

They should not do this if the mail is marked as "low priority" - ie
Precedence set to values like "list" or "junk".  It could be worth
talking to panix about this.

My approach to such a problem would be either:-
      * My normal bloody mindedness - ie let the user's subscription
        die.
      * Filter the delay warnings before they hit mailman by using an
        MTA filter of some form.

	Nigel.