[Mailman-Developers] Copy some of the features from Freelists (ecartis) to the Mailman.

Andrzej Kasperowicz andyk at spunge.org
Wed Mar 24 09:34:06 EST 2004

Recently, I've looked at the freelists.org running on ecartis:
http://www.ecartis.org/
It seems that the lists on freelists have some interesting options, which
Mailman haven't got, so maybe you could introduce some of them into Mailman.

I put some screenshots over there:
http://znik.wbc.lublin.pl/~ak/rozne/ecartis/

Description of the options:
http://www.freelists.org/help/

I like that it has statistics, quoting limits and strip-headers (a colon
seperated list of headers to remove from outgoing messages). One of my
subscribers unsubscribed from my list just because X-confirm-reading was
distributed over it.  Bad quoting is also often a problem, so it would be good
if Mailman could have similar solution to that used in freelists.
Statistics is also very nice feature.

ak