[Mailman-Developers] Dealing with idiots using CRAP

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.InTechnology.co.uk
Tue Mar 30 08:13:16 EST 2004

Barry,

This guy (see forwarded message) is using a Challenge Response
Authentication Program (CRAP - appropriate acronym) on stuff he is
receiving using a mailing list.  Unfortunately its broken enough that
the replies are going back to the original poster.  Can you terminate
him (or just remove his list membership).

If possible I'd mod Mailman to make it extremely unfriendly to such
programs, unfortunately this one is so completely broken that just
kicking the idiot off the list is the only appropriate response.

[BTW I haven't replied with the magic token since there is nothing civil
I could say to him - shame the system won't automatically block any mail
he tries to send me]

	Nigel.