[Mailman-Developers] sleep() after sending a chunk?

Fil fil at rezo.net
Mon Mar 29 11:39:54 EST 2004

OK, I've located the SMTP thing in SMTPDirect.py, lines

        while chunks:
            chunk = chunks.pop()
            msgdata['recips'] = chunk
            try:
                deliveryfunc(mlist, msg, msgdata, envsender, refused, conn)

I'd really love to add somme sleep() function just after the deliveryfunc()
call, something that would set Mailman to sleep about 1/10th of a second per
recipient. I don't know any python, but I guess it would be something like

        while chunks:
            chunk = chunks.pop()
            msgdata['recips'] = chunk
            try:
                deliveryfunc(mlist, msg, msgdata, envsender, refused, conn)
                sleep(sizeof(chunk)/10)

Can someone help with the code? I'll test the concept :)

-- Fil