[Mailman-Developers] configuration bug

Jim lists at yggdrasill.net
Sat Mar 27 20:00:27 EST 2004

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004, Thomas Krichel wrote:

>   I can then output its configuration
>
> /var/lib/mailman/bin/config_list  -o /tmp/testlist.conf testlist
>
>   I can use the same testlist file to configure my list
>
> /var/lib/mailman/bin/config_list  -i /tmp/testlist.conf testlist
>
>   No error reported, but the list is missconfiguered and can not
>   be accessed on the web interface. Here is what's happening, say
>   if I want to configure again
>   File "/var/lib/mailman/Mailman/Gui/General.py", line 53, in GetConfigInfo
>     optvals = [mlist.new_member_options & bitfields[o] for o in OPTIONS]
> TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for &: 'list' and 'int'
>

>   The same error on the web interface
>
> Bug in Mailman version 2.1.4

I ran into the same type of problem a while back. An admittedly
limited investigation indicated that this is a Debian specific
problem. We grabbed the 2.1.4 source, built Mailman from scratch
on the same machine, and the problem went away. Not a great
solution if you are trying stay pure with debian packages, but
it seems to work fine.

Jim