[Mailman-Developers] multipart/alternative

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Wed Mar 10 23:09:42 EST 2004

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 21:05:02 -0700
Jim Cole <lists at yggdrasill.net> wrote:

> However I would prefer not give up all of Mailman's filtering
> functionality in order to allow an HTML alternative to pass through
> the system. I was looking for a solution that provided me the level of
> control that I wanted over how things were filtered.

Right.  What specific filtering pattern are you looking for?

> I just wanted to get some feedback before I started messing with code
> that I am largely unfamiliar with.

I take a slightly different approach and stuck Davide Salvetti's
mimefilter in front of Mailman as that (for me) has the added advantages
of not only doing the appropriate MIME manipulations, but sending emails
back to the errant posters telling them what has been done to their
messages (ie in polite suggestion to stop).

--
J C Lawrence