[Mailman-Developers] Can someone please help me?

Ricardo Kleemann ricardo at americasnet.com
Tue Mar 9 11:28:50 EST 2004

Thanks Anthony.

> A bug number would be useful.
>
> Anthony

I really don't know the bug number. I sent an email
yesterday providing a lot of details and also a traceback. I
will provide it once again here.

In the mailman-users list, Jon Carnes simply said, "This was
an old problem that was supposedly fixed in 2.1.4", that is
why I'm assuming there is a bug related to it.

The information I provided in my original post:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/mailman/scripts/driver", line 87, in
run_main
    main()
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/private.py", line
120, in main
    password, username):
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/SecurityManager.py", line
226, in WebAuthenticate
    print self.MakeCookie(ac, user)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/SecurityManager.py", line
233, in MakeCookie
    raise ValueError
ValueError

My Python environment (on a SUSE 9.0 box)

# rpm -qa|grep python
python-mysql-0.9.2-52
python-devel-2.3-49
mod_python-2.7.8-427
python-japanese-1.4.9-206
python-curses-2.3-49
python-tk-2.3-49
python-2.3-52
python-korean-2.0.5-212

And I am running 2.1.4 from the Dec. 31 tarball. I even
re-compiled and re-installed MM yesterday just to be sure...